Training for Schools
At Springboard, training is at the heart of what we do. We have over two decades of expertise in the area of literacy support for children, schools and families. We offer high quality INSET training options for primary school teachers, TA's and support staff:
"It has improved my own knowledge of phonemes and graphemes", KS1 Teacher, Primary school
- Developing Phonological Awareness
- Essential Phonics
- Progressing from the Higher Levels of Phonics to the effective teaching of Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar
- Effective Management of TA's & support staff
- Creating a Dyslexia-Friendly Classroom
- Supporting Struggling Readers & Writers across the primary age
In addition, we offer training for secondary school teachers and support staff:
- Essential Phonics for secondary school staff
- Supporting Struggling Readers and Writers in KS3
Please click here to see our training flyer. Our training rates are very affordable and all proceeds from our training support the development of our literacy provision in schools so that we can reach more children.
Springboard also supports your work with parents / carers. The Parent Phonics Workshops and 'Ready for Reading and Writing' pack give parents access to a fun, engaging, interactive 1-2 hour session covering the basics of phonics together with practical tips and ideas for activities parents can do at home with their children.
Content is aimed at parents / carers of children aged 4-7. Find out more here.
In addition to school-based INSET, Springboard provides advice and consultancy to help schools respond effectively to changes in policy.
To find out more email or call Carolyn on 020 7740 1008.
We also offer training for school professionals as well as to young people in our exciting Reader Leader programme.