What we do
Working through skilled tutors, trained volunteers and secondary school peers, we improve literacy in challenged schools and communities primarily in socially and economically disadvantaged areas in London and Manchester.
Our work provides individualised literacy teaching that builds skills and grows confidence. Children and young people supported by Springboard experience an affirming relationship that is based on:
- Individualised learning building on what they can do.
- Mentoring and fostering a positive attitude to learning.
- Consistency and reliability.
- Belief in their potential.
- Determination to support them to overcome their barriers to learning.